Riverside Galleria is designed to provide benefits to its surrounding community through public access to the waterfront, preservation of natural wetlands and enhancement/creation of public roadways.
The complex will include:
- Landscaped public waterfront promenade and beach to provide a regional destination for Staten Island
- Central landscaped courtyard with water views
- New roads and infrastructure improvements including right turn lanes into the site and the completion of Richmond Valley Road out to the Arthur Kill to open up new physical and visual access to the water
- Expanded and enhanced freshwater wetlands on north portion of the site
- Storm water management plan
- Tidal Wetland restoration along the Arthur Kill and Mill Creek shorelines