Riverside Galleria is located in the Special South Richmond Development District, a special zoning overlay district designed to protect natural features, topography and aesthetics of less developed neighborhoods.
Riverside Galleria would include a variety of destination and smaller scale retail uses. In addition, Riverside Galleria would be home to a large supermarket, a movie theater with over a thousand seats and multiple eateries, including a rooftop restaurant. It would preserve the historic Cole House for restaurant and office use.
Riverside Galleria is designed to provide significant benefits to its surrounding community through public access to the waterfront, preservation of natural wetlands and enhancement/creation of publicly accessible roadways. The complex would include:
- Landscaped public waterfront promenade and soft natural shoreline to provide a regional destination for Staten Island
- Central landscaped courtyard with water views
- Expanded and enhanced freshwater wetlands on north portion of the site
- Tidal Wetland restoration along the Arthur Kill and Mill Creek shorelines
- New roads and infrastructure improvements including right turn lanes into the site and the completion of Richmond Valley Road out to the Arthur Kill to open up new physical and visual access to the water